We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
After arriving from Los Angeles on an absolutely excellent Qantas First Class flight we stretched our legs and headed to the Qantas Business Class lounge in terminal 1. In all honesty, neither of us were really that hungry after eating such great food in flight, but it’d be n
ice to get some wifi, stretch our legs, drink a coffee, and yes – probably eat again because who doesn’t at least have snacks at the lounge even though they’re full.
- When: April 2018
- Where: Melbourne
- Terminal 1, Domestic
- Access: Business Class
- One World Sapphire or equivalent
You’ll check-in on the ground floor, but take an escalator upstairs.
The Business Class lounge is actually at the far end of the Qantas Club so don’t be fooled and sit down too soon – your boarding pass or status can get you into a better area.
You’ll show your boarding pass again here, before entering a more exclusive area that is less crowded and features a bit more option regarding food.
There is one large sitting area and another behind the food
In terms of quality…I didn’t really notice a difference between the Club and the Business Class lounge. In fact, both were nice yet very crowded.
Juices, Fruit, Hot, Cold, snacks, etc. The options were pretty standard for any business class lounge. Nothing to write home about, but nice nonetheless.
Nice lounge to grab a quick bite, put your feet up, use the wifi, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to spend longer in the lounge. If you’re like me and transiting after a long flight…it was a great place to refresh.
Australia 2018 – Qantas First, Cathay Biz/First, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, and Hong Kong
- How I found and booked 2 Qantas First Class Tickets
- How I landed Qantas + Cathay Biz/First to/from Australia – $40k in value
- How I used Alaska Miles to bake in a stopover in a Hong Kong
- Review: Qantas First Class Lounge LAX
- Review: Qantas First Class LAX-MEL
- Review: Qantas Business Class Lounge Melbourne
- Review: Qantas Business Class A330 Melbourne to Sydney
- Intercontinental Sydney
- How to spend 2 awesome nights in Melbourne
- Review: Qualia – Hamilton Island
- Review: Palm Bungalows – Hamilton Island
- Why you should add Hamilton Island to your Australia adventure
- What it’s like taking a helicopter to the Great Barrier Reef
- Review: Sofitel Gold Coast
- Review: Qantas Business Class Lounge Brisbane
- Review: Cathay Pacific Business Class A350 Brisbane to Hong Kong
- Review: Cathay Pacific Arrivals Lounge Hong Kong
- Review: Grand Hyatt Hong Kong 1 bedroom Suite
- What it’s like being a Hyatt VIP with Prive
- Review: Cathay Pacific The Pier
- Review: Cathay Pacific The Wing
- Review: Cathay Pacific The Bridge
- Review: Cathay Pacific First Class Hong Kong to Los Angeles
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike because it earns very valuable points in both dining and travel. Enjoy an all time high sign up bonus as well!
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥2x on dining + travel worldwide without cap
♥Earns some of the most valuable points in the industry