We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Ever: SPG Amex 35k personal and business offer
Last year Amex ran SPG Amex 35k personal and business offers and they are back! Remember that Marriott and SPG have merged and you can transfer SPG into Marriott 3:1. That means if you were to sign up for both of these cards and make the min spend you would earn 70k SPG Starpoints or 210k Marriott Rewards. If you add in the spend of $13k you’d wind up with 83k Starpoints or 249k Marriott Rewards. That’s a pretty amazing deal. If you’re interested in the SPG Amex 35k personal and business offer you have until 4/5/17.
Here is the SPG Amex 35k personal offer
- 25k Starpoints after $3k in 3 months
- 10k Starpoints after another $2k in 6 months
- Sign up by 4/5/17
- Annual fee waived the first year. $95 after that
And the SPG Amex 35k Business Offer
- 25k Starpoints after $5k in 3 months
- 10k Starpoints after $3k in 6 months
- Sheraton Club access
- Offer ends 4/5/17
- Annual fee waived first year. $95 after that
These two sign ups could have you staying at the Super Luxe Marriott Park Lane in London. 45k Marriott rewards ( 15k Starpoints) per night, buy 4 get the 5th free. You could stay 5 nights on Park Lane and still have 23k Starpoints leftover.
Besides hotels, SPG Starpoints are incredibly valuable when transferring to Air Partners. Every 20k points you transfer earns you a bonus 5k points.
If you were to get both of these cards you’d earn 70k bonus points. You’d have to spend $5k on the personal and $8k on the business in 6 months to get the max bonus. In total, you’d earn 83k Starpoints. Here are the SPG transfer partners:
|SPG Transfer Partners|
|Air New Zealand 65:1|
|Miles and more|
65k Starpoints = 80k AA miles and that will fly you from Tokyo to the US in First Class. And lemme tell you. It’s worth it.
This is a very good offer. Remember that Amex business cards do not hurt your 5/24 and all Amex card bonuses are once in a lifetime.
H/T: Reddit r/churning
*featured image is the Ritz Carlton Tokyo
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.