In the interest of full disclosure, Monkey Miles earns compensation through affiliate links and referrals. You do not have to use them, but we greatly appreciate your readership and support. We also participate in Amazon Affiliates. Please read my disclosure policy for further details.
Normally the referral is 15k — add links if you’d like
The 20k referral bonus refers new cardmembers to a 75k bonus after $20k spend split into two $10k tiers of spend. First rewarding 50k bonus points, then another 25k. The annual fee is still $450 a year, a bevy of benefits listed below, and yes…the card is metal 😉 One thing to remember if you’re in the situation to hit the $20k spend is that the airline fee credit is calendar year, so picking up the card now is a perfect way to double dip. $200 by year’s end, and another $200 come January. Feel free to leave your referrals in the comments section, and if you haven’t gotten the card, and want one, you can click the pic below.
A list of some of the benefits
- $200 annual airline fee reimbursement
- The airline reimbursement is per calendar year vs the cardmember year of which the annual fee is based.
- If you buy AA gift cards you actually get reimbursed as of when this article is published
- Global Entry fee reimbursement – worth $100
- Simply charge and get a statement credit.
- Priority Pass Select membership – worth ~ $400
- Delta Sky Club lounge access – when flying on Delta
- Centurion Lounge access – network expanding and very worthwhile
- Access to Fine Hotels and Resorts
- Amazing benefits such as free breakfast, resort credits, room upgrades, early check in, late check out, etc
- Over 20 transfer partners: like Singapore Air, Air Canada, Air France, British Airways
- I love the transfers to Sing and Air Canada
- SPG gold status —-> Marriott Gold
- Hilton Honors gold status
- Boingo free wi-fi at more than 1,000,000 hotspots around the globe
- The Hotel selection
- slightly different that Fine Hotels and Resorts, but provides great benefits, credits, and upgrades
- Return protection on goods a store won’t take back, you get reimbursement up to $1000/year $300/item
- 10 Free GOGO in flight WIFI passes. Per Year
- Valued at just $10/piece this is another $200
- 35% rebate on all point redemptions made with Amex Travel
- 5x points on Hotel and Flight bookings made through Amex Travel