We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
After arriving on a pleasant business class flight from Chicago I had a couple of hours to spare post border control. First stop was the Priority Pass lounge which was fairly unmemorable, but still a nice respite from the airport, and next was Iberia Business Class lounge. I arrived into Terminal 4S, hopped on a train to terminal 4, cleared immigration and then proceeded up to the main level to visit the Priority Pass lounge.
If you’re following a similar process then you’ll need to head up another level to access the Iberia business class lounge. It’s a bit tricky as the escalator you’ll need to take is tucked behind some of the duty free shopping, but once you see it, it’s fairly straight forward.
- When: December 2018
- Where: Madrid Terminal 4
- Access: Business Class ticket from Madrid to Rome
- One World Sapphire or Emerald
As I’d mentioned before, the lounge is a little hard to find if you’re already on the main shopping/dining level. But keep an eye out for this exterior which is just past security if you’re arriving at the airport.
The lounge is nearly a mirror image of itself. The lounge is centered around a bar area that is flanked on either side by large dining areas with a wide varitey of seating configurations. It’s a big, open air lounge that suits families as well as business travelers alike.
If the initial seating area you enter is crowded go through the bar area to its twin where you’ll nearly the same food and beverage options. I found the first area to be quite crowded but the rear area nearly empty.
Off to the right of the rear dining/lounge area are the showers. Unfortunately I didn’t have enough time in the lounge to wait for one to vacate, but judging by the state of the rest of the lounge they’d be quite nice and newly done.
Just past the showers is a small gaming and play area for those of you traveling with children or just can’t wait to tear up some gamers 😉
If I’m transiting Madrid airport again I would flip flop my time allocation to yield more time to this lounge over the priority pass lounge. The food was better, faster wifi, and considerably more space and privacy. If you don’t have access, mosey your way to the Priority Pass lounge as you can get a quick snack, soft/hard drink, and a quick shower. But, between the two…this is in a different, better league.
Europe 2019 New Years: Rome, Budapest, Vienna, London, and Paris
- Review: Iberia Business Class Chicago to Madrid
- Review: Iberia Business Class Lounge Madrid
- Review: VIP Lounge Plaza Mayor Madrid
- Review: Iberia Business Class Madrid to Rome
- Review: St Regis Rome
- Review: Alitalia Economy Rome to Budapest
- Review: New York Palace Budapest, Autograph Collection
- Tip for visiting the Thermal baths in Budapest
- Don’t make this European train mistake like I did
- Review: Park Hyatt Vienna
- Review: Air Lounge Vienna Airport
- Review: British Airways Business Class Vienna to London
- Review: Kimpton London Fitzroy
- Tips before flying Flybe
- Review: Intercontinental Le Grand Paris
- Review: Air France Business Class Lounge CDG
- Review: Air France Business Class 777-300ER Paris to Washington D.C.
- How I utilized the transfer desk to make a tight international connection
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
****ALL TIME HIGH 100k OFFER!****
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 100k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases