Many of the listings that appear on MonkeyMiles are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We appreciate you using our links!!!
After a Pleasant flight to Madrid from Chicago on Iberia’s A330 in business class, I cleared passport control and headed to Terminal 4. Tucked away at the end of the terminal just past Starbucks and McDonald’s is the VIP Lounge Plaza Mayor. Since I had a few hours to kill before heading on down to Rome I thought I’d grab a snack and check it out.
- When: December 2018
- Where: Madrid, Spain T4, 1st Floor
- Access: Priority Pass
- Hours: 5am to 11pm
The Lounge is one big room
From the check-in counter you can essentially see the lounge in its entirety. However, because the walls are all floor to ceiling glass it doesn’t feel that confined and sure enough, I found seating quite easily at the work station.
I access the lounge during breakfast and there was a small spread of what I’d call continental options. A bit of fruit, cheese, pastries, cookies, coffee, and booze were available.
There are two showers. Both were occupied when I showed up, but within 10 minutes one had freed up. Very clean and even included a nice robe!
If you have a bit of time prior to departure, it’s a fine place to spend a bit of time. There’s Wifi, a shower, but the food is very sparse, and I’m not sure I would say there is a true meal replacement option…at least for breakfast.
Europe 2019 New Years: Rome, Budapest, Vienna, London, and Paris
- Review: Iberia Business Class Chicago to Madrid
- Review: Iberia Business Class Lounge Madrid
- Review: VIP Lounge Plaza Mayor Madrid
- Review: Iberia Business Class Madrid to Rome
- Review: St Regis Rome
- Review: Alitalia Economy Rome to Budapest
- Review: New York Palace Budapest, Autograph Collection
- Tip for visiting the Thermal baths in Budapest
- Don’t make this European train mistake like I did
- Review: Park Hyatt Vienna
- Review: Air Lounge Vienna Airport
- Review: British Airways Business Class Vienna to London
- Review: Kimpton London Fitzroy
- Tips before flying Flybe
- Review: Intercontinental Le Grand Paris
- Review: Air France Business Class Lounge CDG
- Review: Air France Business Class 777-300ER Paris to Washington D.C.
- How I utilized the transfer desk to make a tight international connection