We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
After a Pleasant flight to Madrid from Chicago on Iberia’s A330 in business class, I cleared passport control and headed to Terminal 4. Tucked away at the end of the terminal just past Starbucks and McDonald’s is the VIP Lounge Plaza Mayor. Since I had a few hours to kill before heading on down to Rome I thought I’d grab a snack and check it out.
- When: December 2018
- Where: Madrid, Spain T4, 1st Floor
- Access: Priority Pass
- Hours: 5am to 11pm
The Lounge is one big room
From the check-in counter you can essentially see the lounge in its entirety. However, because the walls are all floor to ceiling glass it doesn’t feel that confined and sure enough, I found seating quite easily at the work station.
I access the lounge during breakfast and there was a small spread of what I’d call continental options. A bit of fruit, cheese, pastries, cookies, coffee, and booze were available.
There are two showers. Both were occupied when I showed up, but within 10 minutes one had freed up. Very clean and even included a nice robe!
If you have a bit of time prior to departure, it’s a fine place to spend a bit of time. There’s Wifi, a shower, but the food is very sparse, and I’m not sure I would say there is a true meal replacement option…at least for breakfast.
Europe 2019 New Years: Rome, Budapest, Vienna, London, and Paris
- Review: Iberia Business Class Chicago to Madrid
- Review: Iberia Business Class Lounge Madrid
- Review: VIP Lounge Plaza Mayor Madrid
- Review: Iberia Business Class Madrid to Rome
- Review: St Regis Rome
- Review: Alitalia Economy Rome to Budapest
- Review: New York Palace Budapest, Autograph Collection
- Tip for visiting the Thermal baths in Budapest
- Don’t make this European train mistake like I did
- Review: Park Hyatt Vienna
- Review: Air Lounge Vienna Airport
- Review: British Airways Business Class Vienna to London
- Review: Kimpton London Fitzroy
- Tips before flying Flybe
- Review: Intercontinental Le Grand Paris
- Review: Air France Business Class Lounge CDG
- Review: Air France Business Class 777-300ER Paris to Washington D.C.
- How I utilized the transfer desk to make a tight international connection
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike because it earns unlimited 1.5x Ultimate Rewards with no annual fee.
♥ Earn 20k Bonus Points or $200 after $500 Spend in 3 months
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel
♥3x on dining and drugstores
♥1.5x on all purchases, unlimited