We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Current Amex Transfer Bonuses
We just saw over a dozen Amex transfer bonuses for the month of September, and Amex has extended both Marriott and Choice through October. Note that the Asia Miles promo won’t show up on your Amex account, but is processed on their end once you commence a transfer. I’d make sure you test it out with a 1000 points first to make sure the bonus processes.
Amex Cards I would Recommend
- American Express Platinum
- Lounge access, 5x on flights, Fine Hotels and Resorts, Uber Credits, and one of the best offers we’ve ever seen
- American Express Gold – our most used Amex
- 4x on all dining, 4x on us supermarkets up to $25k a year, $120 a year in uber credits, $120 a year in dining credits, it’s one of my all time fave cards
- American Express Business Platinum
- Lounge access, 1.5x on purchases over 5k, Dell Credits, etc
- American Express Business Gold
- 4x on your top two monthly categories including gas and dining
- American Express Blue Business Plus
- 2x on every single purchase up to $50k a year.
The bonuses currently running
Good until 10/31/22
- 25% transfer bonus
- Choice Hotels ( 1000 points = 1250 Choice points )
- 20% transfer bonus
- Marriott Bonvoy ( 1000 points = 1200 Bonvoy Points )
9/13/22 to 11/12/22
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- 10% bonus transferring under 30k miles
- 15% bonus transferring over 30k miles
Past transfer bonuses
Expired on 9/30/22
- 30% transfer bonus
- Hilton Honors ( 1000 points = 2600 Hilton Honors )
- Virgin Atlantic ( 1000 points = 1300 Virgin Points )
- 25% transfer bonus
- Aer Lingus ( 1000 points = 1250 Avios )
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue ( 1000 points = 1250 Flying Blue Miles )
- British Airways Executive Club ( 1000 points = 1250 Avios )
- 20% transfer bonus
- AeroMexico ( 1000 points = 1920 Premier Points )
- Qantas ( 500 points = 600 Qantas Points )
- Hawaiian ( 1000 points = 1200 Hawaiian Miles )
- 15% transfer bonus
- Aeroplan ( 1000 = 1150 Aeroplan Points )
- Avianca LifeMiles ( 1000 points = 1150 LifeMiles )
- 40% bonus
- Aer Lingus
- British Airways
- 30% Bonus
- Virgin Atlantic
- 25% Bonus
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Air France
- 20% Bonus
- Avianca Lifemiles
Don’t forget to check out our Best Uses of Amex Points! Here’s a sneak peek
British Airways Example to Hawaii:
Using British Airways Avios to book Ameircan Airlines or Alaska Airlines flights is a secret weapon of the program especially if you can do it for pricey flights to Hawaii. One thing to keep in mind…search on AA.com and view the results in calendar mode. If you see it in green ( between 20k and 22.5k each way – the odds are it will be bookable with British Airways Avios.
LAX To Honolulu: 2 people would be 26k Avios and $11.20 – with this transfer bonus that’s only 20k Amex points each way FOR TWO PEOPLE!
Pretty much every single day in Feb is avail – this is the calendar view on American, only to be used to look at larger swaths of space, but not 100% that it will be available to British Airways.
Virgin Atlantic Example:
Did you know that you can use Virgin Atlantic miles to book Delta Business Class or even Air France business class? Heck, you could even book ANA to Japan with Virgin Atlantic miles. Most people don’t realize this and think you need to book only Virgin Atlantic. Let’s look at a calendar for JFK to Paris this coming January…quite a bit of space at just 48,500 miles and $250 – that’s just 38k Amex points with this offer.
Here’s a look
You’d be flying like this
You could redeem 70k Aeroplan to fly Business Class from the US to Europe…just 59k with the current transfer bonus
Iberia is especially sweet – remember that you can merge points between British Airways Avios and Iberia Avios by following our step by step guide.
- NYC and BOS to Madrid for just 34k in business class
- ORD and MIA to Madrid = 42,500
- LAX to MAD = 51k
The list goes on and on…
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.