We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
One thing is for sure, you won’t leave the Iguazu Falls feeling let down. Having seen the Iguazu falls from both Argentina and Brazil, hiking to the Devil’s Throat, having them crash down over us in a boat, and now highlighting what it’s like to fly over them in a helicopter, the only regret I left with was not having more time to really experience them. While I felt like I saw them from 3 distinct vantage points, I would have enjoyed spending more time hiking the Argentinian side, and splurging on a stay at the Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas ( the hotel with the red tile roof ).
I have every intention of coming back to the Iguazu Falls someday when the world has reopened, but until then, I’ve gotten a lot of enjoyment out of rewatching videos from my trip in 2018. I hope this video gives you a little dose of the magnificence of the falls, and inspires you to add it to your bucket list.
Details on the Helicopter Tour we took 11/18
After a relatively quick transfer from Argentina to Brazil we headed to the main entrance of the national park, but just before entering you’ll see on your left HeliSul, a helicopter tour company that services the falls. We asked our driver if he thought we had enough time since we wanted to do the boat tour as well ( and had a plane to catch in the afternoon ) and he encouraged us to go for it. I’m so glad that he did, because as luck would have it, we waited less than 20-30 minutes. We were off and running, and if you want a GoPro video of your tour you can buy that afterwards. I filmed it all on my own which you can view down below. One thing that struck me was how far away we were from the falls and how much of the preserve we flew over to actually get to the falls.
- When: November 2018
- Where: Iguazu Falls Brazil
- Company: HeliSul
- Duration: <15 minutes
- Cost: $100 at the time ( R$400)
Iguazu Falls Helicopter Tour
South America 2018: Buenos Aires, Uruguayan Wine Country, Iguazu Falls, and Rio
- Planning a Two Week trip to South America with points and miles
- American Express Centurion Lounge Las Vegas
- American Airlines Business Class 757 Las Vegas to Miami
- American Airlines Flagship Lounge Miami
- Corona Beach House, Priority Pass Restaurant
- American Airlines Business Class 777-200 Miami to Buenos Aires
- Planning a weekend trip to Buenos Aires
- Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- How to get from Buenos Aires to Colonia via Ferry
- Buquebus Buenos Aires to Uruguay
- Carmelo Resort, A Hyatt Unbound Collection
- Wine Tasting in Uruguay
- How we problem solved a passport stamp issue in Uruguay
- Colonia Express Uruguay to Buenos Aires
- Intercontinental Buenos Aires
- Andes Lineas Aereas Economy Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- Iguazu Grand Iguazu Falls
- Guide to visiting Iguazu Falls in just one day
- GOL Economy Iguazu Falls to Rio
- JW Marriott Rio, Copacabana
- Planning a weekend trip to Rio
- Azul Economy Rio to São Paulo
- Bleriot Priority Pass Restaurant São Paulo
- Star Alliance Lounge São Paulo GRU
- United Polaris Business Class São Paulo to Chicago
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.