We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com and CardRatings. This relationship may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Hyatt Bonus Journeys usually happens a couple of times per year and is a great time to pivot stays to Hyatt because bonus points can be earned, and I’ve often used it to mattress run in the past. This Bonus Journeys is officially live for registration, but doesn’t start until 3/1/24. Don’t forget, there is also a Etihad 1000 mile promo running too
Bonus Journeys 2024 Spring
- Earn 3,000 Bonus Points every three qualifying nights
- up to 21 nights completed after registration
- Max of 21,000 World of Hyatt Points
- Stay between March 1 and April 30, 2024.
- Register by 4/15/24
- World of Hyatt Credit Cardholders
- Additional 1000 Bonus Points every 3 qualifying nights
- 18 destinations only—Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mainland China, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Vietnam
How can you mattress run this?
If you’re short on nights… you could effectively earn 21 Elite nights for 52,500 points.
- Cheapest Category 1 = 3500 points off peak
- Every 3 nights you’d earn 3000 points back, or roughly 1000 points per night
- Net 2500 points per night.
If you’re point rich and don’t think you’ll stay enough nights to hit Globalist status later this year…this is an opportune time to make a run for it for a very cheap nightly rate
Etihad Guest Miles Promo – earn 1000 miles with each eligible Hyatt stay
- You need to register, which you can do here
- between January 29, at 8:00 a.m. CT and February 29, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. CT to participate
- Only Eligible Stays completed after registration and between February 1 and March 30, 2024
- 1,000 Etihad Guest bonus miles for every Eligible Stay at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide and participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties
- Click here to join World of Hyatt
- Full Terms
Etihad Guest Miles can be used on a bunch of different airlines, one in particular is American. Here’s the chart for AA redemptions – if you stay 12 nights in the promo period you’d earn 12k miles, which if the space is avail, you could use to fly AA economy betwen 501 and 1000 miles. Think Atlanta to New York, Miami, Chicago.
What are some of my favorite Hyatt stays?
I have used points to stay at the following properties
- Thompson Hotels
- Park Hyatt Hotels
- Andaz Hotels
- Grand Hyatt Hotels
- Hyatt Centric Hotels
- Hyatt Regency
- Inclusive Collection Hotels
- Alila Hotels
- Cellars-Hohenort Cape Town
- Hemingways Nairobi
- Great Scotland Yard
Don’t forget that Chase Ultimate Rewards are a transfer part of Hyatt
You can instantly move Chase Ultimate Rewards 1:1 into World of Hyatt. I have done this countless times and it provides a great way to shore up a Hyatt account.
I’m excited for a great promo whereby we can earn World of Hyatt points, but this is a great way to earn some extra Etihad Guest Miles
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- 2x on all other travel
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® is exceptional starter card and offers transferrable Ultimate Rewards, and pairs well with other Chase cards.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash® , Ink Business Unlimited® you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.