We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
At the end of 2018, I took a fantastic buddy trip through South America, and fulfilled one of my bucket list items: The Iguazu Falls. The Iguazu Falls, if you’re unfamiliar, is an incredible waterfall bordered by both Brazil and Argentina. You can also access it via Paraguay, but people mainly flock to the access points in Brazil and Argentina. It’s also home to one of my bucket list hotels, the Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas which I’ll have to stay at when I return with my fiancee one day.
I’m going to write a full detailed report on how I would recommend planning a 24 hour trip to the Iguazu Falls, but I recently put together a short video on what it’s like to visit The Devil’s Throat. It’s truly a sight to see and should be on any trip you plan to the region.
The Argentinian side is known best for its hikes and the Devil’s Throat – a viewing area hovering over the Iguazu Fall themselves. When I say it’s hovering over, you’re literally standing on top of the raging water cascading down the falls. I’ve been to a lot of beautiful places in the world and this is right up there with Devil’s pool at Victoria Falls.
Below is a quick video of our experience after landing a bit late and barely making it into the park when we arrived. Luckily, after sprinting to the last train, we finished a long travel day walking on the Devil’s Throat. Let’s just say the dinner that night was filled with a lot of laughter and awe at what we’d seen and experienced.
South America 2018: Buenos Aires, Uruguayan Wine Country, Iguazu Falls, and Rio
- Planning a Two Week trip to South America with points and miles
- American Express Centurion Lounge Las Vegas
- American Airlines Business Class 757 Las Vegas to Miami
- American Airlines Flagship Lounge Miami
- Corona Beach House, Priority Pass Restaurant
- American Airlines Business Class 777-200 Miami to Buenos Aires
- Planning a weekend trip to Buenos Aires
- Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- How to get from Buenos Aires to Colonia via Ferry
- Buquebus Buenos Aires to Uruguay
- Carmelo Resort, A Hyatt Unbound Collection
- Wine Tasting in Uruguay
- How we problem solved a passport stamp issue in Uruguay
- Colonia Express Uruguay to Buenos Aires
- Intercontinental Buenos Aires
- Andes Lineas Aereas Economy Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- Iguazu Grand Iguazu Falls
- Guide to visiting Iguazu Falls in just one day
- GOL Economy Iguazu Falls to Rio
- JW Marriott Rio, Copacabana
- Planning a weekend trip to Rio
- Azul Economy Rio to São Paulo
- Bleriot Priority Pass Restaurant São Paulo
- Star Alliance Lounge São Paulo GRU
- United Polaris Business Class São Paulo to Chicago
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else (beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out (previously 2x – beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on select streaming (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs -(beginning 8/16/21)
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points. (beginning 8/16/21)