We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
American Express Green Card Referral Offer
One of the best ways to amp up your Amex point balance is to refer friends and family members and get referral bonuses ( 55k per card, per year ). Since we’re all friends here, I thought I’d bring it to your attention that I’ve been seeing increased offers on the hard hitting new Amex Green card. What are they? Referrals were consistently 50k, but here lately I’ve seen 45k and some even hitting 60k ( although I haven’t been able to populate these myself ).
As of today, the Clear credit that comes with the American Express Green card has been increased to $189 from $100 annually.
Amex Green Referral Link
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards(R) Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 20% back on eligible travel and transit purchases made during your first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back in the form of a statement credit.
- *Rates and Fees; terms apply
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards(R)
- points on travel including airfare, hotels, cruises, tours, car rentals, campgrounds, and vacation rentals.
- transit purchases including trains, taxicabs, rideshare services, ferries, tolls, parking, buses, and subways.
- eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the US.
- $189 CLEAR Plus Credit:
- Receive up to $189 per calendar year in statement credits when you pay for your CLEAR Plus membership (subject to auto-renewal) with the American Express(R) Green Card.
- $100 LoungeBuddy
- Purchase lounge access through the LoungeBuddy app using the American Express(R) Green Card and receive up to $100 in statement credits annually.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: No matter where you’re traveling, when you use your American Express(R) Green Card there are no foreign transaction fees.
- $150 annual fee.
- *Rates and Fees; terms apply
Here’s how it works with our site and referrals:
When someone uses a referral link you’ll likely earn a referral bonus. Referrals are how I make upwards of 500k points a year, but it’s also how I can help you out. Since I’m constantly trying to use points on my travel for the site, I cycle through my referrals first, and usually very quickly I max out. I then work my friends and family through the site, and finally, I start adding your links that you leave below. I leave them up for a week and then cycle in another one.
You can also leave referrals for
- Amex Gold
- Amex Green
- Amex Aspire
- Amex Platinum
- Amex Biz Platinum
- Amex Everyday Preferred
- Amex Blue Business Plus
- Amex Biz Gold
*I would note that you get more action when the referral is correlated to the article.
The Referral 60k welcome offer – Use this link if you want to help us, our friends, and commenters
Here’s a full video explanation of why we picked up the card, and how each offer is populating + a quick tour a cool Curio Collection Hotel in London.
American Express Green Card Bullet Point Benefits
- 60k Membership Rewards Referral Welcome Offer after $2k Spend in 6 months
- 3x on Travel, transit, and dining
- $189 annual Clear credit ( enrollment required )
- $100 annual Loungebuddy credit ( enrollment required )
- $150 annual fee
3x on travel and dining – no nonsense categories as well.
The Amex Green card has a much more open and liberal interpretation of travel than does other Amex cards. Amex Green will earn you 3x points on every dollar you spend at the following:
- Rideshares like uber and lyft
- Subways and Metros
- AND ALL Dining worldwide.
160k points your first year if you max out referrals
That is a staggering amount of points that opens the door to an amazing list of premium cabins accessible via their transfer partners. How am I figuring that?
50k with this offer and then if you max out your 55k referrals for 2020 – that’s 100k. THEN you’ll be earning another 55k in referrals again in 2020. That is just ridiculous.
You could fly roundtrip in Lufthansa First Class if you transfer them to Aeroplan and redeem, like we did, for 70k points.
You could even transfer to Aeroplan and fly for more than 24 hours in Etihad Apartments to Australia
Overall – leave your links
Amex has really come to compete. After this Amex Green card, I’ll have 6 American Express cards in my wallet, and while I’ll certainly reassess each card come 2020, right now, they all fill a position in my wallet with good reason, and create an earning structure that keeps me flying flat, and reporting all that good good for your ( and my ) pleasure 🙂
If you want more information on how I make over 500k points a year, plus leave your links on the video too, check out this step by step walk through we published on YouTube.
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.