We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Don’t miss out on your Amex credits
Every month certain Amex cards have credits that expire, and if you’re like me, a reminder is helpful so you don’t waste them. Each month I send out a little reminder. Amex has introduced a lot of new credits throughout the year that you may have forgotten were even available to you, and the digital credits just updated on Amex Platinum – I bolded them in the Amex Platinum section. Personally, I think this benefits in particular is far more valuable with the new additions.
In addition to monthly credits, don’t forget all the semi-annual credits across multiple cards – those semi annual credits just refreshed at the beginning of this year in January and expire end of June. Several hundred dollars of credits are available to you.
Here’s a quick little guide to make sure you are aware of all the Amex statement credits you can use.
American Express Platinum
Amex Platinum has been called the Amex coupon card because there are SO MANY credits. Every month Amex has an Uber credit of $15 except for December = $35
Amex Platinum also comes with an annual $100 Saks 5th Avenue credit that is broken into two $50 credits. One is from January to June, the other from July to December.
Additionally, Amex introduced a suite of new credits listed below to keep an eye on. All of these need enrollment in order to trigger. I used my 2021 hotel at the Rosewood in Vancouver – gorgeous property.
- $200 Hotel credit
- You must pre-book via Amex FHR or The Hotel Collection, which requires a two night minimum stay, via Amex Travel
- $200 Uber Cash yearly credit (enrollment required )
- $15 a month towards Uber, $35 in December, must link your account
- $300 Equinox credit (enrollment required )
- $25 per month towards Equinox Digitial Fitness App or eligible Equinox club membership dues with an Amex Platinum
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit (enrollment required )
- Get up to $20 per month at Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times.
- $179 Clear credit (enrollment required )
- $200 airline incidental credit (enrollment required )
- $100 global entry or $85 TSA Pre credit (enrollment required )
- $12.95 + tax / month Walmart+ membership
- Walmart+ members receive unlimited free shipping with no order minimum on items shipped by Walmart.com, free delivery from stores, as well as mobile and contactless check-out to make shopping faster.
- $25 Soul Cycle monthly credit
- Platinum Card Members will receive a $300 statement credit every time they purchase a SoulCycle At-Home Bike, up to 15x per calendar year.
- An Equinox+ membership is required to purchase a SoulCycle at-home bike and access SoulCycle content.
- Must charge full price of bike in one transaction. Shipping available in the contiguous U.S. only.
American Express Gold
Every single month Amex Gold has a dining credit of $10, this month is no different. I’ve had success in the past buying gift cards to use in the future, but the only catch is using them at valid places: Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. The other catch is making sure you’re enrolled.
In February, Amex Gold received a new Uber Cash credit of $10 a month. If you hold both AmEx Platinum and Gold these can stack to earn you $25 a month. Enrollment is required – learn how to do that here
- $10 at restaurants listed above (enrollment required)
- $10 Uber Cash (enrollment required)
- See Rates and Fees
American Express Business Platinum
The American Express Business Platinum offers a $400 annual Dell credit (enrollment required) which is split into 2 separate, semi-annual $200 credits and those just refreshed in January.
The first is active and don’t forget to see if you qualify for the Dell Amex Offer – 10% back on up to $1500.
There is also an annual $200 Airline Incidental Credit (enrollment required) which is active – if you’d like to change your airline you may be able to still do so, although technically these are supposed to be amended by end of January. Also note that multiple 5x categories have been added for certain cardholders.
- $200 Dell credit refreshed for Jan to June ( enrollment required )
- $200 Airline Incidental Credit has refreshed. (enrollment required)
- $179 Clear Credit ( Yearly ) (enrollment required)
- $360 Indeed credit ( enrollment required )
- get $90 per quarter, Up to $360 annual statement credit
- on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services
- $150 Adobe credit ( enrollment required )
- : $150 annual statement credit on select purchases,
- Adobe Creative Cloud, creative apps and services, and Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign.
- See Rates and Fees
American Express Green
American Express Green is a Chase Sapphire Reserve killer in my opinion, and has 2 annual statement credits for Clear and Lounge Buddy that have both refreshed. Enrollment is required.
- $100 Clear credit has refreshed (enrollment required)
- $100 Lounge Buddy credits have refreshed. (enrollment required)
American Express Aspire
This is one heavy hitting hotel card from Amex and comes with a $250 resort credit.
- $250 resort credit refreshes each cardmember year
- Can be used at Hilton Resorts on incidentals, food, and even has been shown to offset room charges
- $250 Airline incidental credit has refreshed (enrollment required)
- Keep an eye out for your Free Weekend Night to repopulate after you account renewal
Do you carry an Amex Cobranded card from Marriott, Delta, or Hilton? Read this article with a full list of your credits
To see the rates and fees for the American Express cards featured, please visit the following links: American Express Platinum Card: See Rates and Fees; American Express Business Platinum: See Rates and Fees; American Express Gold Card: See Rates and Fees
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Increased 80k BONUS!!! Ends 6/1/22
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.