We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Don’t miss out on your Amex credits
Every month certain Amex cards have credits that expire, and if you’re like me, a reminder is helpful so you don’t waste them. Each month I send out a little reminder. Amex Platinum also introduced a lot of new credits in July that you may have forgotten were even available to you.
In addition to monthly credits, don’t forget a couple of months ago ( July ), we saw the refresh of all the semi-annual credits across multiple cards – those semi annual credits will expire at the end of December. Several hundred dollars of credits are due to expire. Here’s a quick little guide to make sure you are aware of all the Amex statement credits you can use.
American Express Platinum
Every month Amex has an Uber credit of $15 ( $35 in December ) and these can be used for Uber Eats as well. However…Amex Platinum also comes with an annual $100 Saks 5th Avenue credit that is broken into two $50 credits. One is from January to June, the other from July to December ( that just renewed in July ). Additionally, Amex introduced a suite of new credits listed below to keep an eye on. All of these need enrollment in order to trigger.
- $15 a month Uber Credit ( $35 in December ) (enrollment required)
- $179 Clear Credit yearly (enrollment required)
- $200 Hotel credit when pre-booking via Fine Hotels and Resorts or The Hotel Collection
- $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Credit renewed for the July to December period (enrollment required)
- $200 airline incidental yearly credit (enrollment required)
- $12.95 + tax / month Walmart+ membership
- Walmart+ members receive unlimited free shipping with no order minimum on items shipped by Walmart.com, free delivery from stores, as well as mobile and contactless check-out to make shopping faster.
- $25 Soul Cycle monthly credit
- Platinum Card Members will receive a $300 statement credit every time they purchase a SoulCycle At-Home Bike, up to 15x per calendar year.
- An Equinox+ membership is required to purchase a SoulCycle at-home bike and access SoulCycle content.
- Must charge full price of bike in one transaction. Shipping available in the contiguous U.S. only.
- This stacks on top of the $25/month Equinox+ statement credit.
- $20 Digital Entertainment credit (enrollment required)
- $25 Equinox credit ( this is $300 yearly and credited monthly – (enrollment required))
American Express Gold
Every single month Amex Gold has a dining credit of $10, this month is no different. I’ve had success in the past buying gift cards to use in the future, but the only catch is using them at valid places: Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. The other catch is making sure you’re enrolled.
In February, Amex Gold received a new Uber Cash credit of $10 a month. If you hold both AmEx Platinum and Gold these can stack to earn you $25 a month. Enrollment is required – learn how to do that here
- $10 at restaurants listed above (enrollment required)
- $10 Uber Cash (enrollment required)
- See Rates and Fees
American Express Business Platinum
The American Express Business Platinum offers a $200 annual Dell credit (enrollment required) which is split into 2 separate, semi-annual $100 credits. The second is active and expires at the end of December, 2021. Make sure you’re utilizing these credits, and if you’re unsure on what to buy – check out how we have made use of it.
There is also an annual $200 Airline Incidental Credit (enrollment required) which is active – if you’d like to change your airline you may be able to still do so, although technically these are supposed to be amended by end of January. Also note that multiple 5x categories have been added for certain cardholders.
- $200 Dell credit refreshed and expires 12/31/21 ( enrollment required )
- $200 Airline Incidental Credit has refreshed. (enrollment required)
- $179 Clear Credit ( Yearly ) (enrollment required)
- $360 Indeed credit ( enrollment required )
- get $90 per quarter, Up to $360 annual statement credit
- on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services
- $150 Adobe credit ( enrollment required )
- : $150 annual statement credit on select purchases,
- Adobe Creative Cloud, creative apps and services, and Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign.
- See Rates and Fees
American Express Green
American Express Green is a Chase Sapphire Reserve killer in my opinion, and has 2 annual statement credits for Clear and Lounge Buddy that have both refreshed. Enrollment is required.
- $100 Clear credit has refreshed (enrollment required)
- $100 Lounge Buddy credits have refreshed. (enrollment required)
American Express Aspire
This is one heavy hitting hotel card from Amex and comes with a $250 resort credit.
- $250 resort credit refreshes each cardmember year
- Can be used at Hilton Resorts on incidentals, food, and even has been shown to offset room charges
- $250 Airline incidental credit has refreshed (enrollment required)
- Keep an eye out for your Free Weekend Night to repopulate after you account renewal
Do you carry an Amex Cobranded card from Marriott, Delta, or Hilton? Read this article with a full list of your credits
To see the rates and fees for the American Express cards featured, please visit the following links: American Express Platinum Card: See Rates and Fees; American Express Business Platinum: See Rates and Fees; American Express Gold Card: See Rates and Fees
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
Capital One lit the premium card market on fire when it dropped this card. It quickly was added to our wallet for the following reason!
♥ Earn 100k Bonus Points after $10k Spend in 6 months
♥$300 Annual Travel credit within Capital One Travel Portal
♥2x on every single purchase without limit
♥10x on hotels and car rentals purchased via Capital One Travel
♥5x on airfare purchased within Capital One Travel
♥Erase any travel purchase off your card at a penny a piece with Capital One Travel Eraser
- Access to the Capital One lounge network
- Priority Pass access ( including restaurants for you and two guests ) Authorized Users have access as well
♥ 10k Anniversary Miles every year you keep the card – worth $100 in Capital One Travel or transferred to partners
♥$395 Annual Fee
If you spend more than $400 a year on travel, you’ll quickly offset the annual fee with the $300 travel credit and 10k anniversary bonus. The rest is gravy. And you can add up to 4 Authorized Users fee free!