We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t miss out on your January Amex credits
Every month certain Amex cards have credits that expire, and if you’re like me, a reminder is helpful so you don’t waste them. Each month, I send out a little reminder so you don’t forget to use them!
Amex has introduced a lot of new credits over the past year or two that you may have forgotten were even available to you, and the digital credits recently updated on Amex Platinum – I bolded them in the Amex Platinum section. Personally, I think this benefit in particular is far more valuable with the new additions ( Paramount+ is included in Walmart+ as well ).
In addition to monthly credits, don’t forget all the semi-annual credits across multiple cards – those semi annual credits reset in January and July. Several hundred dollars of new credits are again available to you.
Here’s a quick little guide to make sure you are aware of all the Amex statement credits you can use.
American Express Platinum
Amex Platinum has been called the Amex coupon card because there are SO MANY credits. Every month Amex has an Uber credit of $15 except for December = $35
Amex Platinum also comes with an annual $100 Saks 5th Avenue credit that is broken into two $50 credits. One is from January to June, the other from July to December.
Additionally, Amex introduced a suite of new credits listed below to keep an eye on. All of these need enrollment in order to trigger. I used my 2021 hotel at the Rosewood in Vancouver – gorgeous property. In 2022 I used one at the Hermitage in Nashville and my wife used her credit at the Conrad Nashville. Both are stunning properties.
I’d also point out that you can use your Digital credit on Hulu and add on HBO Max, Showtime, etc and effectively fold those into your credit. Additionally, WalMart+ comes with Paramount+
- $200 Hotel credit
- You must pre-book via Amex FHR or The Hotel Collection, which requires a two night minimum stay, via Amex Travel
- Annual Credit
- $100 Saks Fifth Avenue Credit (enrollment required )
- One $50 credit from January to June, another $50 from July through December
- $200 Uber Cash yearly credit (enrollment required )
- $15 a month towards Uber, $35 in December, must link your account
- $300 Equinox credit (enrollment required )
- $25 per month towards Equinox Digitial Fitness App or eligible Equinox club membership dues with an Amex Platinum
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit (enrollment required )
- Get up to $20 per month at Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times.
- $189 Clear credit (enrollment required )
- Annual Credit
- $200 airline incidental credit (enrollment required )
- Annual credit
- $100 global entry or $85 TSA Pre credit (enrollment required )
- Credit every 4 years
- $12.95 + tax / month Walmart+ membership
- $25 Soul Cycle monthly credit
- Platinum Card Members will receive a $300 statement credit every time they purchase a SoulCycle At-Home Bike, up to 15x per calendar year.
- An Equinox+ membership is required to purchase a SoulCycle at-home bike and access SoulCycle content.
- Must charge full price of bike in one transaction. Shipping available in the contiguous U.S. only.
American Express Gold
Every single month Amex Gold has a dining credit of $10, this month is no different. I’ve had success in the past buying gift cards to use in the future, but the only catch is using them at valid places: Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar, and select Shake Shack locations. The other catch is making sure you’re enrolled.
In February, Amex Gold received a new Uber Cash credit of $10 a month. If you hold both AmEx Platinum and Gold these can stack to earn you $25 a month. Enrollment is required – learn how to do that here
- $10 at restaurants listed above (enrollment required)
- Per month
- $10 Uber Cash (enrollment required)
- Per month
- See Rates and Fees
American Express Business Platinum
The American Express Business Platinum offers a $400 annual Dell credit (enrollment required) which is split into 2 separate, semi-annual $200 credits and those just refreshed in January.
The second semi annual credit is active and don’t forget to see if you qualify for the Dell Amex Offer – 10% back on up to $1500.
There is also an annual $200 Airline Incidental Credit (enrollment required) which is active – if you’d like to change your airline you may be able to still do so, although technically these are supposed to be amended by end of January. Also note that multiple 5x categories have been added for certain cardholders.
- $200 Dell credit refreshed for Jan to June ( enrollment required )
- $200 Airline Incidental Credit has refreshed. (enrollment required)
- $10 monthly mobile phone credit (enrollment required)
- $189 Clear Credit (enrollment required)
- $360 Indeed credit ( enrollment required )
- get $90 per quarter, Up to $360 annual statement credit
- on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services
- $150 Adobe credit ( enrollment required )
- : $150 annual statement credit on select purchases,
- Adobe Creative Cloud, creative apps and services, and Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign.
- See Rates and Fees
American Express Green
American Express Green is a Chase Sapphire Reserve killer in my opinion, and has 2 annual statement credits for Clear and Lounge Buddy that have both refreshed. Enrollment is required.
- $100 Clear credit (enrollment required)
- $100 Lounge Buddy credits. (enrollment required)
American Express Aspire
This is one heavy hitting hotel card from Amex and comes with a $250 resort credit.
- $250 resort credit refreshes each cardmember year
- Can be used at Hilton Resorts on incidentals, food, and even has been shown to offset room charges
- $250 Airline incidental credit has refreshed (enrollment required)
- Keep an eye out for your Free Weekend Night to repopulate after you account renewal
Marriot Bonvoy Brilliant
The flagship, premium, Marriott branded card from Amex comes with a free night certificate and, starting September 22nd, 2022 a $25 monthly dining credit
- $300 annual restaurant credit
- Split into $25 monthly dining credits
- See rates and fees
To see the rates and fees for the American Express cards featured, please visit the following links: American Express Platinum Card: See Rates and Fees; American Express Business Platinum: See Rates and Fees; American Express Gold Card: See Rates and Fees; American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant: See Rates and Fees
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.